- New paper in ACM SIGSPATIAL 2017: "Smart-phone based Spatio-temporal Sensing for Annotated Transit Map Generation".
- New paper in Social Network Analysis and Mining: "Modeling Cascade Formation in Twitter amidst Mentions and Retweets" with University of La Rochelle and Telecom ParisTech, France.
- New paper in IEEE DSAA 2017: "Discovering Community Structure in Multilayer Networks" with University of La Rochelle and UPMC Paris, France.
- New paper in ACII 2017: "Evaluating Effectiveness of Smartphone Typing as an Indicator of User Emotion" with Georgia Southern University, USA.
- Offering a course on Smartphone Computing & Application (CS60009) in Autumn 2017.
- New paper in Pervasive and Mobile Computing: "Evolution of Superpeer Topologies --- An Analytical Perspective".
- Ayan Bhowmick won the Best Student Paper Award at IEEE MDM 2017, KAIST, Daejeon, South Korea, May 2017.
- New (short) paper in ASONAM 2017: "Temporal Pattern of (Re)tweets Reveal Cascade Migration" with Universite catholique de Louvain and University of Namur, Belgium.
- Organizing Dynamics on and of Complex Networks X (DOOCN 2017), A satellite workshop of NetSci 2017, Indianapolis, Indiana, June 2017.
- New paper in MobileHCI 2017: "TapSense: Combining Self-Report Patterns and Typing Characteristics for Smartphone based Emotion Detection" with Georgia Southern University, USA.
- New poster paper in IEEE MDM 2017: "UDAT: User Discrimination using Activity-Time Information"
- New paper in IEEE MDM 2017: "Effect of Information Propagation on Business Popularity: A Case Study on Yelp"
- Offering a course on Complex Networks (CS60078) in Spring 2017.
- New (short) paper in ACM SIGSPATIAL 2016: "Unsupervised Annotated City Traffic Map Generation"
- Organizing Dynamics on and of Complex Networks IX (DOOCN 2016), A satellite workshop of CCS 2016, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, September 2016.
- New paper in IEEE DSAA 2016: "On the Role of Mentions on Tweet Virality" with University of La Rochelle and UPMC Paris, France.
- New paper in ASONAM 2016: "Can I Foresee the Success of my Meetup Group?" with Microsoft.
- New paper in MobiSys 2016 workshop WPA: "Margdarshak: A Mobile Data Analytics based Commute Time Estimator cum Route Recommender".
- New paper in MobiSys 2016 workshop IoT of Health: "SleepSensei - An Automated Sleep Quality Monitor and Sleep Duration Estimator".
- New short paper in ICWSM 2016: "Predicting Group Success in Meetup" with Microsoft.
- New paper in IEEE INFOCOM 2016: "UrbanEye: An Outdoor Localization System for Public Transport".
- Organizing Eighth IEEE International Workshop on Network Science for Communication Networks (NetSciCom), Jointly with IEEE INFOCOM 2016, San Fransisco, CA, USA, April 2016. Submit your paper!
- Offering a new course on Ubiquitous Computing (CS60055) in Autumn 2015.
- New paper in UbiComp 2015 workshop MCSS: "Impact of Experience Sampling Methods on Tap Pattern based Emotion Recognition" with
- Organizing Dynamics on and of Complex Networks VIII (DOOCN 2015), A satellite workshop of NetSci 2015, Zaragoza, Spain, June 2015.
Poster papers in NetSci 2015. Talks in satellite workshop Networks of Networks.
- New paper in PAKDD 2015: "Complementary usage of Tips and Reviews for Location Recommendation in Yelp" with Microsoft.
- New paper in ACM SIGCHI 2015: "ActivPass: Your Daily Activity is Your Password" with UIUC. Media coverage here.
- New paper in IKDD CODS 2015: "'Whom-to-Interact' : Does Conference Networking Boost Your Citation Count?".
- Organizing International Workshop on Machine Learning and Complex Networks (MLCN 2015) at Dept. of CSE, IIT Kharagpur, Feb-March 2015. Please register here (deadline January 15, 2015).
- New US Patent titled "Method and Apparatus for Detecting Malware and Recording Medium Thereof" with Samsung Electronics.
- New paper in COMSNETS 2015: "Aggregating Inter-App Traffic to Optimize Cellular
Radio Energy Consumption on Smartphones" with SUNY Korea.
- Organizing Dynamics on and of Complex Networks VII (DOOCN 2014), A satellite workshop of ECCS 2014, Lucca, Italy, September 2014. Poster paper in ECCS 2014. Talks in satellite workshops CSS, Multiplex Networks etc.
- New paper in Network Science Journal: "Data-driven Traffic and Diffusion Modeling in Peer-to-Peer Networks: A Real Case Study" with UCL Belgium and UPMC Paris.
- Received the DAAD-IIT Faculty Exchange Fellowship to visit and collaborate with Technological University, Dresden, Germany.
- Our work "Influence of Interactions on the Evolving Citation Network" (with Soumajit Pramanik) won Best Poster Award at XRCI Open 2014, Bangalore, India.
- Received the Indo-French collaborative project "Evolving Communities and Information Spreading" to work with Dr. Jean-Loup Guillaume, Dr. Matthieu Latapy, UPMC Paris, France.
- Tutorial Speaker at the National Conference on Communications, IIT Kanpur, February 2014.
- Invited Speaker at the Workshop on Introduction to Opportunistic Mobile Networks, NIT Durgapur, January 2014.
- Tutorial Speaker at the National Systems Conference, IIT Jodhpur, December 2013.
- New paper in COMSNETS 2014: "(Stable) Virtual Landmarks: Spatial Dropbox to enhance Retail Experience".
- Received the NSF TCPP Early-Adopter Award
for Fall-13 along with Prof. Niloy Ganguly and Prof. Animesh Mukherjee.
- Our Edited Book Volume
"Dynamics On and Of Complex Networks, Volume 2:
Applications to Time-Varying Dynamical Systems", Published by Birkhauser, Springer.
- Organizing Dynamics on and of Complex Networks VI (DOOCN 2013), A satellite workshop of ECCS 2013, Barcelona, Spain, September 2013.