From the Autumn semester of 2013, I have taken the responsibility of the faculty advisor of research scholars (MS and PhD students) in the CSE Department. In this page, you find several links that are likely to be useful for the official interaction of the research scholars with me.
See the academic calendar in our Department Noticeboard.
Apply through our ERP system. Any MS applicant must be associated with a project in which at least one faculty member in the CSE Department is a PI/coPI. PhD applicants can be one of many categories: institute scholars, project scholars, UGC/NET/CSIR scholars, sponsored scholars and QIP scholars. QIP applications are not handled by our ERP system.
For more information, visit our ERP page.
If shortlisted, you will get a call for interview. We conduct a written test, the syllabus of which can be found in this link. This is followed by an oral interview. If selected, an applicant will get a call-for-joining (offer) letter from the institute. After you join, I am here to help you out with your official duties.
The following forms need to be filled out by your supervisor(s) and your scrutiny-committee members at various stages of your stay as an MS or PhD student. Before the event, take a printout, and give it to your supervisor during the event. After the form is filled by your scrutiny committee members, e-mail me a scanned copy of the form. I will enter the data in our ERP system and send you PDF files generated by ERP for submission to the academic section. For details, see the road maps.
- Supervisor Choice: For institute PhD students only. [To be submitted to the CSE office by the student]
- Supervisor Allocation: This is the first form any PhD student needs immediately after the supervisor(s) is/are decided. [To be submitted to me by the supervisor]
- Supervisor Allocation: This is the first form any MS student needs immediately after the supervisor(s) is/are decided. [To be submitted to me by the supervisor]
- First and Second Seminars: For MS students only.
- Registration Seminar: For PhD students only. [To be submitted in ERP by the supervisor, softcopy of report to be uploaded]
- Enhancement Seminar: For PhD students only. [To be submitted in ERP by the supervisor, softcopy of report to be uploaded]
- Extension in the Fourth Year: For PhD students in the "institute scholar" category only.
- Synopsis Seminar: Needed during the synopsis seminar of both MS/PhD students. [To be submitted in ERP by the supervisor, forms to be downloaded by the supervisor]
- Thesis Submission: Needed during thesis submission for both MS/PhD students. [The forms come in the ERP account of the student]
- Final Viva Voce: Needed after the defense seminar of PhD students. [The forms come in the ERP account of the student]
- After Final Viva Voce: Tabulation sheet preparation for MS students only.
- DSC Restructuring: This is needed if a DSC member of a PhD student needs to be changed or a new member needs to be added. This form is also needed to add an external supervisor.