- Supervisor Allocation
- Talk with your project PI (and coPI, if any), and decide your
- Department Academic Committee (DAC) Formation
- The supervisor(s) select some faculty members for monitoring your
progress. You do not need to register the committee in ERP. However,
the DAC form should be submitted to the CSE office.
- The supervisor(s) will fill out the enrollment form (course allocation)
in ERP, upon consultation with the scrutiny commmittee. Change of course
work, if needed in future, is to be initiated by the supervisor(s). If
a pass grade (C or better) is entered against a course, the course cannot
be changed. The grades of your courses will be entered in ERP by the
respective course instructors.
- Comprehensive Viva Voce
- After you complete the course work, you need to appear for an oral
comprehensive test. The CSE faculty will conduct the viva, and I will
enter the grades.
for MS Comprehensive Viva
- First and Second Seminars
- You need to deliver two seminars to demonstrate the progess of your work.
Both the seminars are to be graded for presentation skill and technical
- Synopsis Seminar
- This is the final seminar summarizing the entire work done for the
thesis. If the scrutiny committee is happy with the work, you submit
a small synopsis of your work (typically, a ten-page report in 11pt
doublespacing format with 1in margins). Otherwise, you need to give
a repeat seminar within six months. The scrutiny committee may suggest
modfications in the synopsis report. Incorporate the suggestions, and
submit a hardcopy and a softcopy of the synopsis report to the Department
office. The supervisor will also choose a panel of examiners via ERP.
Several forms need to be signed and filled out at this stage. The
supervisor will download the PDF files from his/her ERP account.
[To be submitted by the supervisor]
- Thesis Submission
- Within two months of the synopsis seminar, the hard and soft copies
of the final thesis are to be submitted. At this point again, you need
to fill a few forms for sending to the academic section.
[Thesis submission forms come to the student's ERP account]
- Final Viva Voce
- This is the defense seminar to be presented in the presence of an
external examiner. An overall evaluation of you will be made (in terms
of grades) after your defense seminar.
Download evaluation form