|CS60088 Foundations of Cryptography||Spring 2016||L-T-P: 3-1-0|
ScheduleInstructors: Abhijit Das
Timing: Mon(12:00–12:55), Tue(10:00–11:55), Thu(08:00–08:55,Tutorial)
Teaching Assistants: Rishi Mehta and Subhamay Barui
- Number-theoretic tools: Modular arithmetic, congruences, quadratic residues, orders and primitive elements.
- Textbook encryption schemes: RSA, Rabin, ElGamal, Diffie–Hellman, insecurity of textbook algorithms under active attacks.
- Bit security: Hardcore bits for RSA, ElGamal, discrete log, cryptographically secure random number generators.
- Formal notions of security: Message indistiguishability (IND-CPA, IND-CCA, IND-CCA2), nonmalleability (NM-CPA, NM-CCA, NM-CCA2), relations between indistinguishability and non-malleability, examples (Goldwasser–Micali, ElGamal).
- Provably secure encryption: Optimal asymmetric encryption padding (OAEP), Cramer-Shoup cryptosystem, use of random oracles in security proofs.
- Textbook digital signature schemes: RSA, ElGamal, insecurity under chosen message attacks
- Provable secure signatures: Forking reduction, probabilistic signature scheme, secure variants of ElGamal, RSA and Rabin signatures.
- Zero-knowledge protocols: Interactive proof protocols, challenge-response protocols, zero-knowledge proofs, Schnorr and Fiat–Shamir protocols, non-interactive zero knowledge.
Books and References
- Wenbo Mao, Modern Cryptography: Theory and Practice, first edition, Pearson Education, 2004. [Buy from flipkart]
- Jonathan Katz and Yehuda Lindell, Introduction to Modern Cryptography, Chapman and Hall/CRC Press, 2007.
- Hans Delfs and Helmut Knebl, Introduction to Cryptography: Principles and Applications, second edition, Springer-Verlag, 2007.
- Shafi Goldwasser and Mihir Bellare, Lecture Notes on Cryptography, online document, 2008.
[This is an adaptation of Phillip Rogaway and Shafi Goldwasser's online lecture notes: Introduction to Modern Cryptography, 2005.]
- Oded Goldreich, The Foundations of Cryptography, Volume 1 and Volume 2, Cambridge University Press, 2001 and 2004.
[Low priced Indian editions are available.]
2015 | 2014 | Home