The workshop will be held in a fully online mode
Revised dates: October 11-12, 2022
The 28th International Workshop on Cellular Automata and Discrete Complex Systems will take place on October 11-12, 2022 at Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. AUTOMATA 2022 is the twenty-eighth workshop in a series of events established in 1995.
These workshops aim to:
- Establish and maintain a permanent, international, multidisciplinary forum for the collaboration of researchers in the field of Cellular Automata (CA) and Discrete Complex Systems (DCS).
- Provide a platform for presenting and discussing new ideas and results.
- Support the development of theory and applications of CA and DCS (e.g. parallel computing, physics, biology, social sciences, and others) as long as fundamental aspects and their relations are concerned.
- Identify and study within an inter- and multidisciplinary context, the important fundamental aspects, concepts, notions and problems concerning CA and DCS.
The AUTOMATA series is the official annual event of IFIP WG 1.5, the Working Group 5 (on Cellular Automata and Discrete Complex Systems), of the Technical Committee 1 (on Foundations of Computer Science), of the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP).
Scope (not exhaustive):
- Dynamic, topological, ergodic and algebraic aspects of Cellular Automata and Discrete Dynamical Systems
- Algorithmic complexity, information theory and other measures
- Emergent properties of dynamical systems
- Formal languages, grammars and automata
- Algorithmic Information Dynamics
- Symbolic dynamics and connections to continuous systems
- Tilings, rewriting and substitution systems
- Computability theory
- Models of parallelism and distributed systems
- Synchronous versus asynchronous models
- Applications of cellular automata and discrete complex systems
- Cellular automata in machine and deep learning
- Cellular Automata in image processing and computer vision
- Full papers
- Exploratory papers
Full papers are meant to report more complete and denser research, while exploratory papers are meant to be short reports of recent discoveries, work-in-progress or partial results. Submissions of full papers are refereed and selected by the program committee. Exploratory papers go through a less rigorous evaluation process. All accepted papers must be presented at the conference. Accepted full papers will be published (to be confirmed) in LNCS open-access. Exploratory papers will not be included in the LNCS, but in local proceedings that will be distributed at the workshop.
Download Call for Papers (PDF)
- Submission deadline full papers :
June 15, 2022 June 30, 2022 July 15, 2022 (Closed)
- Notification of acceptance of full papers: August 12, 2022
Final version of full papers: August 20, 2022
- Submission deadline exploratory papers:
July 1, 2022 August 10, 2022 (Closed)
- Notification of acceptance of exploratory papers: August 16, 2022
Final versions of exploratory papers: August 20, 2022
Registration Starts : August 16, 2022
- Conference: October 11-12, 2022
automata22.drc [at] gmail [dot] com