I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science end Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. Before joining IIT Kharagpur, I spent beautiful 2½ years as a postdoc at
INRIA in the
MOSAIC team working with
Before that, I was a visiting scientist during the period Dec'18-Jan'19
at CVPR Unit, Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata,
hosted by Ujjwal Bhattacharya.
Previously I was a postdoc for about an year at
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
in the Lagergren lab. I did my PhD in October 2017 in Computer Science from
University of Western Ontario where I was advised by
John Barron. I did my bachelors in Physics (Hons.) and masters in Computer Science & Engineering from
University of Calcutta.
Research Interests: I am primarily interested in interdisciplinary research on agricultural robotics and plant phenomics applications of computer vision. Broadly I work in the intersection of computer vision, machine learning, computational biology and agricultural automation. My long term goal is to develop light-weight, low-cost and robust computer vision based systems targeted for developing farms to assist in smart agricultural applications (e.g. organ tracking, disease detection, plant monitoring, etc). I am also interested in (data driven) geometry modelling of plants for computer graphics applications and botanical simulation studies. In general, I am fascinated about computer vision problems like point cloud registration, segmentation and shape analysis problems for different application areas as well.
- Currently I have an open project position in a DST SERB project "3D Reconstruction of Deformable Plants for Smart Farming and Remote Sensing Applications". The position is full time and the duration can be > 1 year depending on the performance. If you are interested, please contact me (deadline is 12th January 2023).
- A. Chaudhury and J.L. Barron, "3D Phenotyping of Plants", in "3D Imaging, Analysis, and Applications", 2nd edition, Springer (pp. 699-732), 2020.
- A. Chaudhury and C. Godin, "Geometry Reconstruction of Plants", in "Intelligent Image Analysis for Plant Phenotyping", CRC Press/Taylor & Francis (Chapter 6), 2020.
Journals and Conferences
- D. Colliaux, A. Chaudhury, F. Besnard, C. Godin, "Assessing the impact of virtual plant quality on deep learning system for plant phenotyping", 10th International Conference on Functional-Structural Plant Models (FSPM2023), Berlin, Germany, March 27-31, 2023. (to appear)
- A. Chaudhury, P. S. Mukherjee, S. Das, C. Biswas and U. Bhattacharya, "A Deep OCR for Degraded Bangla Documents", ACM Transactions on Asian and Low-Resource Language Information Processing, Vol. 21, No. 5, Article 98, pp 1-20, September 2022.
- A. Chaudhury, P. Hanappe, R. Azais, C. Godin and D. Colliaux, "Transferring PointNet++ Segmentation from Virtual to Real Plants", in Computer Vision in Plant Phenotyping and Agriculture (CVPPA), in Conjunction with International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), Montreal, Canada, October 2021 (extended abstract).
- A. Chaudhury, "Multilevel Optimization for Registration of Deformable Point Clouds", IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 29, pp. 8735-8746, 2020.
- A. Chaudhury, F. Boudon and C. Godin, "3D Plant Phenotyping: All You Need is Labelled Point Cloud Data", in Proceedings of Computer Vision Problems in Plant Phenotyping (CVPPP), in Conjunction with European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), Glasgow, Scotland, August 2020.
- A. Chaudhury and C. Godin, "Skeletonization of Plant Point Cloud Data using Stochastic Optimization Framework", Frontiers in Plant Science, 11:773, 2020.
- A. Chaudhury and J.L. Barron, "Plant Species Identification from Occluded Leaf Images", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 1042-1055, 2020.
- A. Chaudhury, C. Ward, M. Brophy, A.G. Ivanov, N.P.A. Huner, B. Grodzinski, R.V. Patel, and J.L. Barron, "Machine Vision System for 3D plant phenotyping", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 2009-2022, 2019.
- A. Chaudhury, and J.L. Barron, "Occluded leaf matching with full leaf databases using explicit occlusion modelling", In Proceedings of the 15th Conference on Computer and Robot Vision (CRV), Toronto, Canada, 9-11 May 2018 (oral).
- A. Chaudhury, M. Brophy, and J.L. Barron, "Junction Based Correspondence Estimation of Plant Point Cloud Data using Subgraph Matching", IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 1119-1123, August 2016.
- A. Chaudhury, C. Ward, A. Talasaz, A.G. Ivanov, N.P.A. Huner, B. Grodzinski, R.V. Patel, and J.L. Barron, "Computer Vision Based Autonomous Robotic System for 3D Plant Growth Measurement", In Proceedings of the 12th Conference on Computer and Robot Vision (CRV) 2015.
- M. Brophy, A. Chaudhury, S. Beauchemin, and J.L. Barron, "A method for global non-rigid registration of multiple thin structures", In Proceedings of the 12th Conference on Computer and Robot Vision (CRV) 2015.
- A. Chakrabarti, S. Sur-Kolay, and A. Chaudhury, "Linear Nearest Neighbor Synthesis of Reversible Circuits by Graph Partitioning", arxiv:1112.0564, 2012.
- Computer Graphics (CS60012)
- Programming and data structures laboratory (CS19003), with Prof. Jayanta Mukhopadhyay
- Algorithms-I (CS21003/21203), with Prof. Abir Das
- Algorithms laboratory (CS29003/29203), with Prof. Abir Das
- Computer Graphics (CS43004/CS60012)
- Programming and data structures laboratory (CS19003), with Prof. Bivas Mitra
Previous Teaching (at University of Western Ontario)
- Computer Graphics: Fall'16
- Computer Vision: Fall'14, Fall'15
- Computer Graphics: Fall'12, Fall'13, Fall'15
- Data Analysis & Visualization: Winter'14, Winter'15, Winter'16, Winter'17
- Computer Science Fundamentals II: Winter'13, Summer'14